- Years of experience: 17 years experience in the job search and career transition field.
- Author: Written 8 books and over 200+ articles on job searching, career transitions and finding/landing your dream job.
- Recognized as one of the best: Acknowledged as one of the top 50 coaches in America. Global Gurus named Joel #14 on its list of top 30 global coaching experts.
- First-hand knowledge: First-hand experience conducting job search for over 10 years, interviewing more than 1,200 companies.
- Featured in National Media: ABC News, NPR, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Newsweek, BusinessWeek, Forbes and USA Today.
Job Search | Salary Negotiation | Career Coaching | Executive Coaching
My expertise covers four coaching specialties that address people in different stages of their career.
These services include:
Job Coaching—Looking for a Job
As a job coach, Joel has over 17 years of direct experience in the job search and career transition field. Over the years, Joel has uncovered the best practices and secrets that can actually help you find a job faster and easier! Whether you need help finding an entry-level or senior executive career position, Joel’s proven9-step job search program will provide you with the tools you need to land the best job quickly.
Joel Garfinkle has first-hand knowledge, gathered from nearly a decade of job searching research and interviews with more than 1,200 companies, that he utilizes to help those facing job loss or are ready to find a new job. This led him to understand the best practices and hidden secrets to what actually works in getting a job.
Salary Negotiation Coaching—Looking to Negotiate the Highest Amount Possible
For Salary Negotiation Coaching, Joel provides a 10-Step “Get Paid What You’re Worth” Program. This program will help provide salary negotiation strategies on increasing your salary and asking for a raise so you can get what you deserve. If you want to make more money this program is for you.
Career Coaching—Looking for dream job or career change
As a career coach, Joel’s coaching style is based on his belief that career transformation cannot be sustained without life transformation. His holistic approach to finding the dream job has helped many individuals transform their lives as well as their careers regardless of their reasons for career change. Joel provides a unique 7-Step Dream Job Process which has guided thousands of clients into successful, fulfilling careers.
Executive Coaching—Looking to Advance Career and Develop Leadership
As an executive coach, Joel has worked with many of the world’s leading companies, including Oracle, Google, Amazon, Deloitte, Ritz-Carlton, Bank of America, Starbucks, and many others. He has worked with over a thousand executives, senior managers, directors and employees. He has worked as a consultant for two of the top consulting firms in the world – Ernst & Young in Hong Kong and Accenture in San Francisco.
Joel has written over 8 books that are read in more than 25 countries. He also has contributed to the book The Art and Practice of Leadership Coaching (John Wiley and Sons) and Leader to Leader – the award-winning quarterly journal launched by the Peter F. Drucker Foundation. Here are his 8 books:
- Get Paid What You’re Worth How to Negotiate a Raise or Higher Starting Salary
- Land Your Dream Job The Last Career Search Book You’ll Ever Need
- Find a Job in 14 Days A Practical Guide and Process for Finding the Job You Need Fast!
- Getting Ahead Three Steps to Take Your Career to the Next Level
- Executive Presence Learn How to Convey Confidence and Command Respect
- How to be a Great Boss: Learn the Seven Traits of Great Bosses
- Time Management Mastery Stress-Free Productivity in the 7 Key Areas of Life (time, projects, people, schedules, information, work/life balance, and abundance)
- Love Your Work Make the Job You Have the One You’ve Always Wanted
Fulfillment@Work Newsletter: He publishes a popular weekly newsletter which is delivered to more than 10,000 subscribers around the world.
Career Advancement Blog: Provides articles, insights and tips to help toward career success.
As an executive coach, Joel helps clients move to higher levels of leadership by creating impact, exercising influence, boosting visibility and achieving significant victories on key projects. Capitalizing on Joel’s experience and insights, they convey confidence as business leaders, chart decisive career paths and maximizing their potential. His clients are able to increase their responsibility and value to the company, navigate company politics and eliminate the roadblocks that keep them from rising to the top and enjoy fulfilling careers. Click here to learn more.
Joel has also written numerous articles for local and national publications providing key insights from a guaranteed career change specialist’s perspective. More than 300 are available free through his websites. He also publishes a popular bimonthly newsletter “Fullfilment@Work”, which is delivered to more than 10,000 subscribers around the world.
Joel is a sought-after speaker and corporate trainer who is regularly called upon to address conferences across the country and around the world. He has delivered more than 1000 workshops, speeches and keynote addresses to groups such as the Commonwealth Club of California, the Pennsylvania Chamber of Commerce, the Kentucky Society of Human Resource Management, Wells Fargo Bank, Haas School of Business, Financial Women’s Association, the University of California Berkeley, Marriott Hotels, Gap Inc., Cisco Systems, Charles Schwab, Bank of America, Accenture, Sapient Corporation, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Kohl’s and The Ritz-Carlton Hotels.
Joel has been featured in the following National Media
- ABC News
- National Public Radio
- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
- USA Today
- Microsoft CIO Network
- Financial Times
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fast Company
- Talent Management
- PC world
- American Express Open Forum
- CFO Magazine
- Human Resource Executive
- Parade Magazine
- Leader to Leader
- Leadership Excellence
- Contra Costa Times
- East Bay Business Times
- Silicon 2.0 Online Tech Magazine
- San Francisco Business Times
Joel holds a degree in psychology from San Diego State University and has completed a three-year coaching certificate program with Coach University.
Regardless of your reasons for career change, Joel can help you realize your dreams, too. Even if you’ve gone through more career changes than anybody you know and still don’t know what career is right for you, Joel can help you find your elusive dream job.
Contact Joel today to get started on your journey to professional fulfillment!