- Failed in business in 1831.
- Defeated for Legislature in 1832.
- Second failure in business in 1833.
- Suffered nervous breakdown in 1836.
- Defeated for Speaker in 1838.
- Defeated for Elector in 1840.
- Defeated for Congress in 1843.
- Defeated for Congress in 1848.
- Defeated for Senate in 1855.
- Defeated for Vice President in 1856.
- Defeated for Senate in 1858.
- Elected President in 1860.
- Remembered forever.
Lincoln became president because of the adversity he faced. A difficult marriage, bouts of depression and an unsuccessful term in Congress. From the depths of darkness, he was able to become our greatest president.
Copyright ©1998 - 2017 Joel Garfinkle, All Rights Reserved.
JOEL GARFINKLE is recognized as one of the top 50 coaches in the U.S., and the author of 7 books, including Land Your Dream Job. He provides a step-by-step Dream Job process that has guided thousands of clients to find the perfect job and reach career fulfillment. For Career Coaching Services, visit Dream Job Coaching.
This article may be reprinted or forwarded to colleagues and friends as long as the above copyright notice and contact information is attached in its entirety.
If you reprint this article, please advise us that you have done so and forward a copy of the article, or a link to the web page where the article can be viewed, to Joel Garfinkle.