Whether you are unemployed or employed, this 9-Step Job Search Program will help all job hunters land the best job quickly.
Unemployed – looking for a job.
Being laid off is extremely stressful. It doesn’t quite measure up to experiencing the death of a spouse or a divorce, but losing your job still ranks as one of life’s 10 most stressful events. So it’s natural to feel pressure when you’re laid off. You’re worried about your family, finances and future. Not to mention you’ve been tossed overboard into the worst job market in decades.
Joel Garfinkle’s Job Search Coaching program can put you in a job in half the time! Additionally, you will benefit from learning the secrets of successful salary negotiation tips and how to position yourself as the #1 candidate for a job—enabling you to ask for the salary you deserve—with Joel’s Salary Negotiation Coaching. If you need senior executive career search job help after being laid off or want to make sure you don’t get stuck in a job you hate, contact Joel right away!
Employed – looking for a new job.
Don’t wait until you’re laid off to begin looking for a job. You see the budget cuts, announced layoffs, operating losses and even salary reductions going on in your company. Even if your company is doing fine and you might be feeling too comfortable, have outgrown your current position or seek higher compensation. These are the red flags that tell you it’s time to begin looking for a new job.
The old saying is true: the best time to look for a job is when you already have one. You have the security of your current job which gives you more confidence as you look for a new position. You become a more desirable candidate when they see you are currently working. You have a more active network when you are employed and your network is more inclined to want to help you.
But don’t kid yourself. It’s a tough job market out there, the toughest in decades. That’s why you should invest in this proven Job Coaching program. While others are sending out resumes and anxiously waiting for interviews, Joel can move you to the front of the line. If you want a new job in half the time, contact Joel right away!
While there are many generic services and executive career change firms to help you find a job, Joel offers you personalized coaching that will give you the advantage you need to get the job you want quickly. In addition to getting a job fast, Joel can teach you how to negotiate for the best salary when you sign up for his Salary Negotiation Coaching.
9-Step Job Searching Program
Read on to learn more about Joel’s unique 9-Step Job Searching Program and how it can benefit you!
Step 1 – Survive (and thrive) during job transition
Through constant phone and email communication with Joel, you’ll learn tips that will help you be proactive and positive during your job search and job transition. In this step, you’ll learn how to overcome fear and self-doubt so you can embark on your job search with clarity, direction, purpose and hope.
- Survive the fallout and transition of the job loss by studying specific techniques that help you stay motivated and engaged throughout the job search process.
- Understand the inevitable shock, fear, anger, depression and, ultimately, acceptance that occur when you lose your job.
- Create a support group of individuals who can motivate and keep you moving forward until you get a new job.
- Discuss the job search future to provide clarity, direction and hope.
Step 2 – Target the exact role, industry and job you strongly desire
Joel will help you develop a customized strategy to target the specific industries, companies and job titles that you most want. During your coaching session, you’ll learn how to examine your strengths, weaknesses, desires and goals to discover exactly what kind of job to target.
- Identify the type of job that you want by examining who you are, what you most enjoy, your values, interests, strengths and accomplishments.
- Clarify the specific industry you want to work for (e.g. High-tech, bio-tech, entertainment, energy, etc).
- Identify the exact job title you want. Do you want to be a Vice President, Senior Manager or Chief Operating Officer?
- Choose the type of firm you want to work for. Do you want to work for a large, medium or small firm?
- Select the top five firms you want to work for so your network can provide specific opportunities or referrals.
- Create a clear and defined job search action plan with daily steps and weekly goals.
Step 3 – Avoid the critical mistakes most job seekers make
Joel will help you design a disciplined and aggressive action plan to make sure you reach your goals in the shortest time possible. This “road map to success” outlines the strategic tactics, targets and timelines you’ll need to avoid costly mistakes and get the job you want.
- Learn the secrets to finding the job you need fast.
- Know how to tap the hidden job market.
- Understand the top ten things to consider before accepting any job.
- Avoid the #1 mistake that causes people to settle for a mediocre job.
- Learn the strategies for harnessing the Internet to assist your job search.
- Create a defined and structured job search approach and action plan so you gain immediate results.
- Schedule time on a daily basis so you stay prepared, organized and focused.
Step 4 – Stand out with a result-driven resume that gets you noticed
Joel will help you craft a powerful resume and cover letter tailored to the job you are applying for—no cookie-cutter, one-size-fits-all resumes here! A carefully designed resume and persuasive cover letter can dramatically increase your odds of securing an interview.
- Align your resume to the industry and firms you are targeting.
- Create a result-driven resume showing the impact you have made in your past experience.
- Identify your marketable skills that can best be portrayed in your resume.
- Structure your resume to get the interview.
- Create a resume highlighting your relevant experience, background, success and expertise so you precisely fit what the employer needs.
- The advantages of sending a Q (qualifications) letter instead of a resume.
- Create a powerful cover letter that gets noticed.
Step 5 – Unleash the power of networking
If you’ve ever tried looking for a job online, you know how frustrating that can be. While the Web has made pounding the pavement a whole lot easier, it’s also made getting a good job a whole lot more competitive. While others unsuccessfully surf the Internet, you’ll learn how to leverage your network to find job leads for the career you desire.
- Capitalize on your professional (and personal) network to get the most satisfying and highest paying job.
- Leverage your network to get introduced to potential employers.
- Use the Internet to expand your job search contacts.
- Set up informational meetings with key decision-makers.
- Understand the best strategy to generate new contacts in any industry.
- Learn how to multiply your network and let others find your next job for you.
- Create a message to sell yourself and your experience to a potential employer.
- Learn how to give and receive ideas, referrals, recommendations, leads and support.
- Utilize informational resources to research your targeted companies.
- Create a record-keeping system so you manage your job search with incredible efficiency.
Step 6 – Win the interview game
Joel will make sure you are thoroughly prepared to approach every interview with confidence. You see, getting a job has far less to do with your actual qualifications and far more to do with your ability to appear qualified. With a little practice and advice from Joel, you’ll be able to handle the tough questions, set the agenda and close the deal.
- Learn the step-by-step approach to successfully answer challenging interview questions.
- Confidently answer the 64 toughest interview questions.
- Know the most essential interviewing skills to handle interview situations like a pro.
- Understand how to do behavior-based interviewing.
- Research employers to find information that will make you stand out during an interview.
- Share compelling stories showcasing your accomplishments and their impact on your company.
- Record and evaluate your interview performance so you can improve for the next one.
- Learn the important post-interview steps to make the best impression on the potential employer.
- Learn from rejection and use it as a stepping-stone to a successful job search.
Step 7 – Choose the right offer
Sometimes what appears to be the best offer on the surface is not the right offer to help you meet your career objectives. Joel will help you objectively weigh the advantages and disadvantages of various job offers and provide you with solid advice to select the job that’s right for you and your career goals.
- Evaluate the offers you might receive from more than one company.
- Leverage one company against another to get the best possible offer.
- Identify which is the best opportunity and move forward with a targeted approach.
- Determine the factors that are most important (e.g. money, flex time, leadership, management of others, environment and type of work relationships etc) so you can choose the best company that fits your needs.
Step 8 – Negotiate for top salary
Just because you’re interested in a job doesn’t mean you have to accept their initial salary offer. In fact, more people are paid less than they’re worth because they do not know how to effectively negotiate their starting salary. After you learn the secrets for successful salary negotiation, you’ll have the confidence and skill to bargain for top dollar (and other perks) for your new job. Joel’s Salary Negotiation Coaching provides the advice you need to obtain the salary you deserve. Learn how you can get paid what you’re worth by contacting Joel today!
- Understand the psychology of negotiation and how to get what you are worth.
- Analyze the employer’s high and low salary range so you can negotiate from a position of power.
- Learn how to answer the simple questions that virtually locks in the job offer.
- Get the job offer that’s exactly what you want.
- Develop a strategy to reduce your anxiety or lack of confidence that comes from being laid off which can affect your ability to negotiate confidently.
Step 9 – Hit the ground running on your new job
Once you start your new job, Joel will be a valuable resource to help you make an immediate, influential impact on your organization. If you need help overcoming anxiety or want advice on how to position yourself for success in your new career, Joel will be there to help you every step of the way.
- Build a positive working relationship with your new boss by establishing clear and defined expectations and goals.
- Learn how to establish early wins in the job so you quickly establish a positive reputation.
- Establish credibility, impact and value to create a solid foundation for future success.
- Understand the environment, culture, customers, politics and management style that are already established in the organization.
- Learn who is influential in the organization and build relationships with them.
- Prioritize the most important activities and projects so you stay focused.